Sunday 1 December 2013

My shortest post that took the longest to write

After reviewing two of my previous blog posts here and here, I have taken a lot of time to reflect on my growth this semester as I complete the requirements for my degree. Here are some of the lessons I have learned along the way. I hope to take these with me into 2014, as a teacher and a human:

1.     Learn when it is “good enough”
·        Not everything I put my name to has to be perfect. No one is, all the time.

2.     Health and balance are intertwined
·        Consciousness towards my physical, mental, social and spiritual health will give me the strength to persevere through challenging times.

3.     Teaching is an art and a science
·        A saying that is often applied in my coaching profession, the science of teaching would be lesson/unit plans, assessment, theory on classroom management, and curricula. The art of teaching is how to deliver all the roles of the teacher through my authentic self.

No comments:

Post a Comment